MK IV Magazine Base Pad Installation
Before We Begin
- Always make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any work it!
- Remove all ammunition from the work area before working on any firearms.
- Always wear safety glasses when performing any work on a firearm.
- A small punch or similar tool
- Safety glasses
- A clean, non-slip surface, such as our Cleaning Mat
- Verify, again, that the pistol is unloaded!
Remove the magazine from the pistol and unload all cartridges from the magazine.
Insert punch into the hole in the magazine base and depress magazine block retaining plunger approximately 1/4".
The magazine spring and plunger are under considerable force. Be careful to contain them. Keep them pointed away from people in case the get free.
Slide the magazine base forward while being careful to retain the magazine spring.
Ensure the magazine spring is pressed into the body and slide the new magazine base onto the magazine.
Note: it is sometimes necessary to tap the magazine base in with a rubber mallet to fully seat it it.
Once installed, the magazine follower button should move freely through the full range of travel.