Installation of the Competition Bolt for the Ruger® 10/22®
Before We Begin
- Always make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any work it!
- Remove all ammunition from the work area before working on any firearms.
- Always wear safety glasses when performing any work on a firearm.
In this video we look at how to install the Volquartsen Competition Bolt into the Ruger® 10/22®. This process is the same for both the factory receiver as well as our aftermarket receiver. Our complete CNC-Machined Bolt features our hardened and tuned extractor for positive, consistent extraction. It also includes our round titanium firing pin. Our Competition Bolt is also DLC coated for added durability and increased lubricity.
- A torque driver with a 1/8 hex bit
- Rubber mallet
- A clean, non-slip surface, such as our Cleaning Mat