Installation of Laminated Grips for the Ruger® MK IV™ 22/45™
Before We Begin
- Always make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any work it!
- Remove all ammunition from the work area before working on any firearms.
- Always wear safety glasses when performing any work on a firearm.
Installation of our Laminated Grips for the Ruger® MK IV™ 22/45™. Designed to give the shooter a relaxed, steadier hold, our Laminated Target grips feature a thumb rest, heel rest and finger grooves. They are CNC-machined from laminated wood and available in a variety of colors. A magazine release extension is included.
- 3/32 Hex key to remove factory grip screws
- A clean, non-slip surface, such as our Cleaning Mat
Remove Factory Parts
Step 1 - Separate Frame from Upper
Separate the frame and upper from one another using the normal push-button takedown feature of the pistol.
Note: do not dry fire the frame while disassembled.
Step 2 - Remove Factory Grips
Use the 3/32 hex key to to remove the four screws securing the factory grip panels to the frame.
Install Volquartsen Parts
Step 3 - Install Grips
- When installing in a Black Mamba or a pistol with extended magazine release, use the included magazine release. Installation of this magazine release starts at 2:30 in the video.
- Insert the extended magazine release button from the grip kit into the magazine release hole from the inside of the grips.
- Install that grip onto the pistol and reinstall the screws.
- Insert the two dowel pins into the holes in the bottom of the grip panel you just installed.
- Carefully install the other grip panel on the pistol, being careful to align it with the dowel pins you just installed.
- Be careful not to over-tighten the grip screws! Doing so can damage the grip and cause the screws to affect insertion and removal of magazines.
- Install the grip screws with the hex key. They should be just past snug but not particularly tight. Start all four screws before tightening any of them.
Step 4 - Function Check
- Perform a function test of your pistol as described in the factory manual.