MK IV Bedding Gel Installation
Before We Begin
- Always make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any work it!
- Remove all ammunition from the work area before working on any firearms.
- Always wear safety glasses when performing any work on a firearm.
- Needle-nose pliers (optional)
- A clean, non-slip surface, such as our Cleaning Mat
- Verify, again, that the pistol is unloaded!
Separate the upper and frame of your pistol.
Some frames have a rubber piece from the factory (circled in red) and some just have an empty hole. If your frame has the rubber piece, remove it with the needle nose pliers.
Remove the protective film from the bedding gel and place the bedding gel into the frame.
The bedding gel conforms to the barrel so placement does not need to be exact.
Reassemble your pistol and test the fit. Your upper should now be securely mated to the frame.