MK III Volthane Grip Installation
Before We Begin
- Always make sure the firearm is unloaded before performing any work it!
- Remove all ammunition from the work area before working on any firearms.
- Always wear safety glasses when performing any work on a firearm.
- Screwdriver for removal of old grips
- A clean, non-slip surface, such as our Cleaning Mat
Remove Factory Parts
Remove the frame from the upper receiver, following the instructions provided in the owner's manual for the pistol.
With the frame and upper separated, remove the existing grips from the pistol.
If your pistol already has a Volquartsen Extended Bolt Release installed, skip ahead to Step 5.
- Use the included assembly pin to push the hammer pin out of the frame from right to left. Leave the assembly pin in the frame to keep the hammer properly aligned.
- Once the hammer pin has been pushed through, set it aside and remove the factory bolt release.
Install New Parts
- Install Volquartsen Extended Bolt Release over the assembly pin.
- Use the factory hammer pin to push the assembly pin back out from left to right, reversing the procedure in step 3.
Insert the extended magazine release button from the grip kit into the magazine release hole from the inside of the grips.
Slide the grips over the frame and align the screw holes. Make sure that the extended magazine release button does not fall out while installing the grip.
Be careful not to over-tighten the grip screws! Doing so can damage the grip and cause the screws to affect insertion and removal of magazines.
Install the grip screws with the provided hex key. They should be just past snug and not particularly tight.
- Reinstall the upper receiver onto your pistol frame.
- Perform a function test of your pistol as described in the factory manual.